home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Friday, September 3, 2010

'Whatcha Got Cookin'?~On Lisa Freemont Street


Whew! So we're finally moved in and I can get back to my beloved routine, which includes making videos and writing blogs for you lovely people! As I mentioned in my last video, I will be starting a new series this month...a vintage style cooking series that hopefully will make everyone salivate. In a good way, of course.

At first, I thought I'd just cook up some recipes that were my favorites. I'm more of a 'baker' than a 'cook' but I also am pretty good at following recipes. So after giving it a little more thought, I realized that a lot of you probably have family recipes from days gone by that you feel everyone should try! So this series will actually consist of my FIRST attempts at some of YOUR tried and true vintage recipes. Wouldn't that be fun? Sometimes they'll flop, I'm sure, and sometimes they'll shine. But hopefully it will make it that much more exciting for me AND for my viewers! So click on that 'contact' link above and shoot me over your contributed recipes...I'll place them in a folder and keep them for future use.



Your name and the family history of the recipe will be briefly featured in the video, if you like. If you want to make it extra special, include some attached vintage photos of your family to make it even more personal. Not only will this be a lot of fun but I think it will bring our little vintage-loving community even closer together.

Love,
Ashley

10 comments:

mrsmarinewife1 said...

well, ashley...My recipes really are only mexican food that has come from generation to generation!!! Let me know if this interests you at all and I will gladly send you the recipe :)

xxx~Mrsmarinewife1

Kim said...

What an awesome idea Ashley!

Teiva said...

Oh wow! Squeeze mix margarine is a little bit scary!!!! I am positive that I would have an accident with that if I had to use it!

Eirin Edvardsen said...

Oh, what a great idea! Would you dare to try some norwegian recepies?

Anonymous said...

So excited to see the new posts!!!

I'm hungry for some Pineapple Upside down cake myself....

Big hugs, Sadie xx

Sarsaparilla said...

What wonderful ideas! - both the vintage cooking series - and inviting us to send in family recipes & photos. I'm going to start digging through my pile of recipes to see if I can help you out. :-)

A Vintage Revival said...

Ive missed you!!! I am glad you are back in the swing of things--im very ocd, routine-oriented myself so I know what its like to feel off.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea!! I'd love to send some traditional German or Austrian recipes. The problem is I don't know if you can get all the ingredients in the US.. Do they have to be cooking recipes or can they also be for cakes?

jewlover2 said...

Cakes are welcome! I'm a better 'baker' than cook, anyway. :)

Abigail B. said...

This is my first time commenting on your blog!
A fellow vintage enthusiast told me to check out your blog, and I love it!
The vintage cooking sounds like an awesome idea, and if you're interested in vintage cooking, check out these websites:
www.silverscreensuppers.com , and
www.oldcookbooks.com

Post a Comment